Saturday, September 27, 2014

Spicy and Fresh Breakfast

Good Morning!

Today is a beautiful 80 degrees fall day.  I'll take it; I am sure within a month I'll be in coat complaining I am cold.  Very rarely do I go out of my way to cook breakfast.  I mean we live in Brooklyn where brunch and bagels are a staple of life.  But today was different, I woke up knowing I was going to cook exactly what you see. And I will not take credit for this recipe.  I saw this Spicy Avocado Breakfast Sandwich  recipe a few days ago and knew i needed to make it.

Now I changed up a few things. First off, I skipped the bacon (gasp, how could I let this happen?), I used a smoked cheddar cheese and I added an arugula salad (lightly dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper) on top.    Here was my order of layering, bread, hot sauce mayo, avocado and cheese.  Then i put it under the broiler.  Once the cheese was all melty, I put the arugula salad and then the egg.  Also, I used an English muffin instead of a roll but, I will be honest, this is only because I wasn't paying attention and burned that roll to hell so I had to sub with English muffin.



I want to also mention, that I think poaching eggs is difficult.  Well I don't think getting an egg poached is difficult necessarily but i think getting an egg poached and it looking nice when you are done is very difficult. So if you notice that my egg yolk and white separated upon serving, I don't know what to tell you, it's true.  But as long as that egg yolk is runny, I could sort of care less that it doesn't look perfect.  The thing about this recipe is that it was really easy.  It is mostly just assembly and i think you could easily put a sunny side up or egg over easy on top and it would be equally just as delicious.



What a delicious mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment