Saturday, September 27, 2014

Brooklyn Butcher Block

So tomorrow is my birthday, and of course my boyfriend and I never actually wait till the day to give a present.  I think for Christmas we exchanged presents on December 12th.  Why wait for a good thing? Basically we are children living in grown up bodies.  So on September 26th, two days prior to my 31st birthday my boyfriend showed up with a present for me.  For some girls its jewels; for this girl it's kitchen ware.  My man knows me well.

This is a beautiful chopping block/serving piece from Brooklyn Butcher Blocks. I love it! I am pretty sure it is walnut and you can see the grain and knots of the wood and the shaping has a natural dip in the center.   I think natural wood is beautiful thing and this board is a beauty. I can't wait to throw dinner party and have a cheese tray served on it.



I can't help myself, i must mention, we are also going to Luksus at Torst for dinner tonight.  It is a chef's tasting menu and has received rave Michelin reviews.  I can't even begin to describe my excitement!!!! It hasn't even arrived and this birthday is already shaping up to be a great one.


No comments:

Post a Comment