Friday, January 23, 2015

Calling my fellow tiny kitchens!



Have you seen the tiny house movement?  I think it's pretty cool to be honest, but it also makes me chuckle a bit because if you live in a NYC apartment you probably already live in a tiny home.  Mine is no exception and my 8-year old nephew has estimated my entire apartment at around 400-sq feet. Now he is 8 but he is pretty smart, so i believe him.  None-the-less, space is a luxury here, not one that i am rich in.  So when i can find something that can do a lot in a little space, I am down for that. 

I received this Rosle Multi Cutter as a Christmas present and initially I was a tad perplexed upon opening the package.  What was this thing and why can't I read any of the directions? It ends up this thing, was the magical German made kitchen tool that fits multiple functions into a small package and doesn't require a plug. It also ends up there was an English portion of the direction manual and I just wasn't patient enough to look through the pamphlet.  

Hello New York City apartments! This tool was made for you.

This tool is great because it is an alternative to my food processor, salad spinner and mixer.  Yep, all three. This is actually smaller than a salad plate, has a chopping blade, spinning basket and mixer attachments.  It is hand operated and works with a pull mechanism on the lid. One pull for a rough chop, three or four pulls for a finer chop.  It even comes with a container lid for storage.   I guess you won't be making a huge salad in it, but you could def chop and spin dry your herbs for cooking.  I recently used it to chop the veggies for my chili and also to make a filling for stuffed chicken.  Was really pleased with the performance in food prep.  Also, in my tiny kitchen, a dishwasher is definitely something I don't have, so i appreciated how easy it was to clean.

I wouldn't lie to you, I promise this is cool. 





No comments:

Post a Comment