Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Easy, Crock Pot, Shredded Mexican Chicken

I ate out almost every meal last week.  Now this doesn't only affect my health and well being it also severely impacts my wallet.  I wonder why I am broke and my jeans are too tight.  Duh!  Last week we were invited over to some friends house for dinner and were privileged to eat some truly tasty tacos and enjoy some even tastier mojitos .  This inspired me.

You should know that of all the ethnic foods I enjoy Mexican is at the top of the list.  Tacos make me happy.  So does using a crock pot.  Here is truly the easiest recipe for shredded chicken.  It took me about 5 minutes to combine the ingredients last night, about 90 seconds to take it out of the fridge this morning to get it into the crock pot and while i sit at work, hardly working, my crock pot is working hard.  When I get home, I have shredded chicken ready to go into tortillas with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar and some hot sauce. Minimum effort, maximum taste. 



What you need

1-package of boneless skinless chicken breast (1-1.5 lbs)
1-15 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
1- small can of diced green chilies
3- TBSP taco seasoning of your choice
1- TBSP chili powder
1- tsp garlic powder
2-TBSP water or stock
Several shakes of your favorite hot sauce
Pinch of Salt

How you do it

1. Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
2.  Turn crock pot on low for the time you are at work.  Anywhere from 6 to 8 hours.
3.  Turn crock pot off, shredded chicken with two forks.
4.  Serve with flour or corn tortillas, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and any other fixins you prefer.  Another options is to use the chicken in enchiladas or soup or a ton of other ways.  



1 comment: